God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. I John 4:16
By: Carol McClain @carol_mcclain
My husband loved me before I loved him.
|God's love is greater than man's.|
- We loved God.
- We loved art.
- We were low-keyed and enjoyed home and nature and quiet things.
- He was a good-looking man with beautiful straight teeth and this head of silver hair that begged for fingers to run through it.
Guess which of the above weren't enduring values?
He wanted to spend time with me. Flowers regularly showed up at my house. Gifts were purchased as he wooed me.
When he proposed, I was shocked. It wasn't that I didn't want to spend my life with him. I needed a little more time, a little more faith, a little more courage to make that leap.
If a human can love like Neil when someone's love wavers, then God's love is MUCH greater.
God loved us before we loved Him.
Seven Characteristics of God's Love
- Has no limits. There's nothing we can do or have done that will limit God's love. (Rom. 8:31-39)
- Has no expectations. (Rom. 5:8)
- Is not dependent on us. (Jer. 1:5)
- Has our ultimate good in mind. It's life changing. (Rom. 8:38)
- Can't be earned. (Eph. 2:8-9)
- It's sacrificial. (Phil. 2-7)
- It's eternal. Nothing's ever going to separate us from his love. (Ps. 1360
If a man can love so well but imperfectly, how much greater is God's perfect love? Quit trying to be perfect. Perfection will come on its own--through natural responses to God's love.